BROWNPAPERBAG is the professional imaging company, specializing in the Performing Arts, Business and Educational events.
In business since 1975, we strive to produce the best, most effective, most watchable videos possible.
Take a look at our specialities and see how we can produce the best video for you.
When your show is over, after the scenery is struck and the costumes have been returned, what remains is the video… it should be a great one!
BROWNPAPERBAG is the only professional videographer with 30 years of experience both on and off the stage.
- Specializing in the performing arts, we shoot over 300 shows a year and our staff of pros all love the theater and many are actors and directors themselves. We know practically every song, every line and every scene to give you the best possible, and most watchable video you can experience.
- You want the best quality, and we continuously update our equipment, our techniques and our expertise to do just that.
- After all your hard work, don’t rely on a well meaning friend to do you a favor with his camcorder. You hired professionals to help you with lighting and costumes… hire THE performing arts professionals to give you a video as good as your show!
Dance is a big part of the performing arts and it is a big part of our repertoire.
We know how to frame each dance so you get to see the same routine the audience saw.
We know, for example that the older, more experienced dancers want to see the entire number, the way a choreographer sees it, so we stay farther back and capture the whole stage. And we also know that for the littlest dancer, the face and the costume is more important to Mom than anything else, so we will give each tiny star her close-up too. The soloist has worked hard on her routine, so we will follow her around the stage with a combination of full stage and medium shot, always showing the full body, and capturing every nuance in detail.
Over 95% of our dance studio clients are repeats, some for almost 20 years.
Business today is all about communicating effectivly with your clients and employees. Video is a huge part of that. Now more than ever, the visual medium is a 'must have' in business.
From a simple 'taking head' on your web site, introducing yourself to your customers, to webcast meeting for your wide flung sales and marketing teams, we do it all. Some examples:
- A national webcast complete with a virtual set of a network news studio for a pharmaceutical company's global sales meeting.
- A commercial for a destination spa in upstate New York.
- A fully narrated tour of a country home for sale by the owner, complete with aerial shots of the house and property.
- A series of over 300 golf tips for the members of an exclusive golf club, presented by the club's own pros.
Dinner dances, graduations, 'roasts' and parties are all part of the BrownPaperBag bag! We have the capability to record your event with one to four or more cameras, so nothing is left out. Relive what you saw and what you missed at you own party!
Are you applying to college? Many colleges now require video submissions as part of the admissions process. Every year, we do dozens of "Portfolios"; finely tuned presentations of dancers, singers and acting that fine arts students use as the 'audition' portion of their college applications. We are well experienced in knowing how to put a portfolio together; how long it should be, what clips show the student in their best light and just as important, what to leave out.
Popular today are the 'tribute' videos. These are biographies for milestone events, such as executive retirements, anniversaries, bar mitzvahs, and such. We can produce a tribute from materials you may already have such as photos and home video or shoot new fully scripted material.
A biographical reminiscing by an older member of the family, talking about the family history, full of stories from the old days and maybe revealing a secret of two! Shot in the style of a "Ken Burns" documentary, it's a wonderful way to preserve the family history before the first person stories are gone.